Problems with text formatting and BuildingBlockGallery Content Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some simple Building Blocks made of 2 o 3 lines of text with different formatting styles, saved in Custom5.

I have a BuildingBlockGallery Content Control in an empty paragraph with those Building Blocks as gallery.

My problem is the following:

When  the user choose a Building Block, there will be always an empty paragraph after it; and the user have to remove it manually.

If I save the Building Block without the paragraph mark in the last line, the last line will not retain the formatting style.

I tried to play with various properties without success.

How can I solve this silly problem?

Thanks, Lauro

Friday, April 22, 2016 4:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lauro2,

your issue is more related with word it pro discussions forum. so for better response to your issue I am moving this thread to word it pro discussion forum.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:05 AM
  • If the Building Block should include paragraph formatting (such as Line Spacing, Spacing Before/After), you must include the paragraph mark, as you have noticed. There is no way around that.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:00 PM
  • Thanks Stefan for your answer.

So I need to leave the paragraph mark, and the Content Controls seem not to have events (such as onExit) that I can use to remove by VBA that extra paragraph mark, right?

Lauro

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:03 PM
  • Thanks Stefan for your answer.

So I need to leave the paragraph mark, and the Content Controls seem not to have events (such as onExit) that I can use to remove by VBA that extra paragraph mark, right?

Yes, assuming that your text paragraph really contains paragraph formatting. If it only needs to store character formatting (font, font size, color, etc.), you can omit the paragraph mark at the end when creating the Building Block.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:18 PM
  • Hi Lauro,

If you want to store paragraph formatting — including indentation, alignment, line spacing, and pagination — with the entry, please include the paragraph mark (Paragraph mark) in the selection.

Note:  To view paragraph marks, on the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

I was thinking of this workaround.

Set the paragraph font size before inserting BuildingBlockGallery Content Control to 1st. 

So I will always have the extra paragraph but it will not affect the general layout of the page.

Lauro 

Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:12 AM