[Help]Hide menu Uninstall or change a program from my computer RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day, please like to know how to hide the option: Uninstall or change a program, which is located in the folder: My Computer in Windows 7 operating system.

I have looked everywhere and this tip really still can not find ...

Graciously

Francisco Cavalcante
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Francisco,

You can disable the user from accessing Control Panel by setting the following Group Policy:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel

Select Enable for "Prohibit access to the Control Panel" item.

Also, you can hide the Control Panel item from the Start menu by right clicking the Start button > Properties > Customize… > Select "Don't display this item" for Control Panel.

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:55 AM

All replies

• Good Day, please like to know how to hide the option: Uninstall or change a program, which is located in the folder: My Computer in Windows 7 operating system.

I have looked everywhere and this tip really still can not find ...

Graciously

Francisco Cavalcante

Hi Francisco

As far as I'm aware, you cannot hide or remove that button.

You can disable that button using the Group Policy Editor, however this also disables the Uninstall or Change a Program in the Programs and Features section of Control Panel.

The Policy is located at:
    User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Programs.

In the right side pane, double click the "Hide Programs and Features" page policy.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 5:03 AM
  • Thank you for your help Ronnie, great tip worked. But now I also needed to hide the option: Open the Control Panel.

Have any other key or the way he hides it?
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Hi Francisco,

You can disable the user from accessing Control Panel by setting the following Group Policy:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel

Select Enable for "Prohibit access to the Control Panel" item.

Also, you can hide the Control Panel item from the Start menu by right clicking the Start button > Properties > Customize… > Select "Don't display this item" for Control Panel.

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:55 AM
  • I don't want to prohibit acceess to the control panel or to hide the control panel from the start menu

I want to hide the bar that comes across the top of the windows 7 explorer window

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:24 PM