none
2 DPM's - "a protection agent is already installed on : error 333" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone, we have 2 DPM2010 servers, primary and secondary. We have 1 workstation that was backed up to primary DPM but since the secondary DPM server is closer to the workstation i want it backing up to DPM2.

I removed protection and uninstalled agent from workstation through DPM1 GUI. No errors, but when i try to install the agent on DPM2 it throws the error message.

I tried manually installing agent and attaching to DPM2 through setdpmserver.exe - this didn't work.

I can install the agent no problem with DPM1 on workstation, and uninstall it with no errors. If i try it on DPM2 it always complains its already installed. Please help!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you remove protection on the secondary there are still some references to the primary protection of the workstation left in the DPM database of the secondary. If you can, please open a support case and a DPM Support Engineer can help get the DPM database cleaned up.

Thanks,

Marc

• Proposed as answer by MarcReynolds Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:01 PM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:56 PM
  • hey Marc

Can you please share with me the process of cleaning up the Database

Thanks

Islam

Islam Gomaa Microsoft MVP | System Center Data Protection Manager email: Islam @ Islam Gomaa.com Blog: http://owsug.ca/blogs/IslamGomaa Website: www.islamGomaa.com
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:42 AM
  • Hi

What errors did you get after installing the agent manually and trying to attach it to your DPM 2 server?

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hi

SetDpmServer.exe and Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 solved this issue, when GUI gives the same error 333.

My DPM blog ystartsev.wordpress.com
    Monday, May 30, 2011 8:47 AM