Scan management RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I have just installed server 2012 R2 and would like to use the scan management role. Whenever I go to add a scan server, I receive the message that the device is not connected, or the name is wrong, or the certificate is wrong. I know the device is connected and the ip address is correct. I know nothing about certificates. How do I get them?  Where do I get them?  

Thanks, 

Kevin

Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'd check with the device manufacturer to see that it meets the requirements.

DSM Device Requirements

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:41 AM
  • Printer/Scanner is a Canon C5045 imageclass and I have had it on the network and scanning to shared drives before. Now I can't seem to configure a scan server. It says one does not exist. 

I have enabled network discovery and distributed scan service is running. I'm wondering if it has something to do with certificates?  

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:26 PM
  • Maybe this one helps.

http://www.imagerunneradvance.com/c5000_manual/contents/rui_015_ex/func.html

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Alex Lv Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:21 AM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:29 PM