Email Account is unavailable - Mail App windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i have used mail app in win8.1 for a while and it works, but someday it stops working, tried all methods but no result

i tried everything, windows diagnosis tool, uninstalling and installing mail app, clean boot,  update mail app, disabling antivirus and firewall (avast), double check password and connection

should i change imap and smtp servers and ports? anything changed since 3 weeks ago?

i don't know what is the problem, its very annoying...

Saturday, November 8, 2014 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding to current information, I would like first confirm that if there is any change including software or Windows updates installed before this issue.

To make sure the email account can still work fine, please contact the provider support to know if the account is hacked or blocked for some reason. Try to change the password to see what's going on.

Considering if your current user profile was corrupted, please test the issue by creating a new user account and configure the mail app after login with this account.

Since this issue can also be caused by corrupted system files or virus, please perform a system restore back to the point before this issue and see if the app can work fine now.

Post back the event log under Event Viewer>Applications and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>apps for our research.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_Martin Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:30 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding to current information, I would like first confirm that if there is any change including software or Windows updates installed before this issue.

To make sure the email account can still work fine, please contact the provider support to know if the account is hacked or blocked for some reason. Try to change the password to see what's going on.

Considering if your current user profile was corrupted, please test the issue by creating a new user account and configure the mail app after login with this account.

Since this issue can also be caused by corrupted system files or virus, please perform a system restore back to the point before this issue and see if the app can work fine now.

Post back the event log under Event Viewer>Applications and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>apps for our research.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_Martin Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:30 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 9:15 AM
  • hi can you explain I don't know where you go for all this (Event Viewer>Applications and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>apps.

my mail don't work atall on app just keeps say unavailable

Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:14 PM