none
PST Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anyone suggest best tools or method to import PST data and migrate it to Office 365.

We have PST data of users on their own devices(Hard drives) and users are located in different locations.so i want to know if there is a way to collect all those data without user's interference (as i don't want them to spend their time to move that data to a path) through any application and then use that PST data to office 365.

PST data would be around 1-2 TB. So i need something which can have the process done in background without interrupting users work to collect all the PST from their hard drives and then save it on a location which would be easier for us to migrate it to office 365.

Note : PST is saved on their drive on a particular location

Thanks & Regards, 

Hari Krishna

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:14 PM

All replies

• PST Capture is one tool to use but O365 allows network uploading of PST files. Check it here.:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/importing-pst-files-to-office-365

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:43 PM
  • For that amount of data, I would strongly suggest you look into third-party tools that specialize in PST migration. The tools Microsoft provide only cover the basics and are not really appropriate for big projects. You'd want a tool that does the discovery for you, client configuration where needed, bandwidth controls and so on.
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:51 PM
  • Any Such suggestion about the tools which would be useful for this task.
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 5:26 PM
  • I'd suggest Quadrotech's PST FlightDeck, but then again I work for the company :D Do your own research and find the best tool suitable for your specific scenario.
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:12 PM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 1:14 AM
  • No, It would be helpful if i get to know about few tools which can make my task simple to have the pst data collected from hard drives to any location from where i can have them migrated to office 365
    Monday, December 2, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

As mentioned above, PST Capture is the tool supported by Microsoft. In addition, Microsoft cannot guarantee the security of 3rd-party tools, so it's not suggested for us to recommend 3rd-party tools. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have any helpful information, you are welcome to share them here.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:19 AM
  • The PST supports in Outlook only and but if you want to use its data into other email client then you should convert the data of the PST file into its supportive file format and for the migration of the data from Outlook PST to other file format like MBOX, PST, EML, MSG, etc can be done by using the PST Mailbox Converter. This tool is one of the most suitable programs. You can visit here to try or download this tool:- https://www.softaken.com/pst-mailbox-converter
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:42 AM