"Company of Heroes" demo game fails to load due to DX9 dll missing... RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if there is a workaround to fool this most likely stunning WWII strategy into thinking that Vista has dx9?
    Thursday, September 7, 2006 3:28 PM

Answers

• Since it is a demo, it is very likely that it could just not be compatible with Vista, once the final version of the game comes out, and Vista RTMs it should work fine!

Andre Rivera

Friday, September 8, 2006 8:36 PM

All replies

• Since it is a demo, it is very likely that it could just not be compatible with Vista, once the final version of the game comes out, and Vista RTMs it should work fine!

Andre Rivera

Friday, September 8, 2006 8:36 PM
  • I hope so!!, in a rather buzy day it's very nice to know I can relax a bit while liberateing the world of tyrans and their ilk,....without having to have a dualboot system on an already cramped laptop hdd, these days 60 gb doesnt go far :)
    Saturday, September 9, 2006 8:42 PM
  • Have you tried to install DX9 via Websetup ?

I notice on most games they do install DirectX and Websetup has downloaded some Update ( for DX9 of course ) so this has to be present in Vista. I run a lot of Games like Zoo Tycoon2, The Sims2 , Age of Empires 3, ... I and they all do start and act like on XP.

The only one ( what a shame because it's one of my favourites ) Rise of Nations Gold is incompatible with RC1 - at least that what Windows is telling me...

In the next days I will more and more games give a try, but I can say to this point that vista supports lot of games ;)

Monday, September 11, 2006 4:48 AM
  • Thought I would mention this in case anyone else wants to try it.  I did get CoH to work by downloading that missing dll (just do a Google search for d3dx9_30.dll) and dropped it into the windows\system folder.  After that the game ran great.

This may not be the cleanest answer, but it worked for me.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 11:36 PM