none
UAG Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I've just started with this Forefront UAG product and so far I've successfully created a portal with a SharePoint 2010 application.  My question is in regards to authentication and the issue I'm having is that everyone that is in our DMZ Active Directory server can authenticate to the UAG portal.  In the Authentication and Authorizations I've setup an Active Directory authentication server, the search root scope I setup points to a specific OU in the active directory which currently does not have any users.  Although I have specified this search root I can use any account located in any other OU and can authenticate without issue and gain access to the portal.  I'm a little confused on the purpose of the Search Settings if it cannot be used to filter the users\groups you want to have access to the portal.  Would I not limit all the users I want to be able to authenticate through that setting then limit from that through the use of local groups and authorization at the application level?
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:33 AM

Answers