none
Resource Assignment Units changes automatically RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We are currently facing issue with the Resource assignment units. The assignment units keeps increasing exponentially for some particular set of tasks. Even when we set the assignment units back to 100%, it goes up again. Could it be due to Constraints and Task setting? Please advice! Thanks in advance.

    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:06 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    • Is the leveling setting configured to manual (in resource tab)?
    • Is the issue happening just when opening the project or after making edits to the project?
    • Did you have any task updates approved and published in the meanwhile?
    • I also see that you have constraints on tasks, which might cause unexpected behavior like the one you are experiencing. Is it happening also on non-constrained tasks?
    • Finally is it happening just on a specific assignment or resource? On a specific project?

    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:28 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Guillaume,

    Thanks for your reply. PFB the details.

    • Is the leveling setting configured to manual (in resource tab)? Yes
    • Is the issue happening just when opening the project or after making edits to the project? No, right from the beginning we are facing this
    • Did you have any task updates approved and published in the meanwhile? No
    • I also see that you have constraints on tasks, which might cause unexpected behavior like the one you are experiencing. Is it happening also on non-constrained tasks? This is prevalent for all the task in this particular plan
    • Finally is it happening just on a specific assignment or resource? On a specific project? Yes, this is happening only for this particular plan
    Monday, November 10, 2014 3:24 AM
  • Hi Nathik,

    Your project might be corrupted. Try to repair it using the save for sharing method and tell us if it helped.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Monday, November 10, 2014 3:28 AM
    Moderator
  • Change your constraint type to As Soon As Possible.  What is happening is the schedule engine is trying to satisfy the W = D * U equation and the date is in the past, forcing it to increase the units.

    Also, I found if you hit the delete key twice on the duration field, that it clears out some cache that upsets the processing.

    Cheers!


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Friday, November 14, 2014 12:03 AM
    Moderator