Favorites in IE7 dissapeared RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get my Favorites to come back to IE.

I was deleting some links that I no longer use when my computer froze. I restarted, and when it came back all my Favorites were gone.

I resetted IE to its original settings, but they still didn't come back. The folder is there in C/Docs and Settings/Default User, but only has the 6 initial IE links that usually come with IE, but they don't show on the open site. I can righ click to Save to Favorites, but I don't get the window with the name of the site and the option of where to save it save it. So I can't save anything to Favorites either.

I must mention that I had just finished cleaning out a trojan my AV found. I do have a backup of my favorites. I can put them in the Fav folder, but they don't show in the open site. Feeds, and history in the same area show just fine.

Any ideas anybody?

Monday, February 14, 2011 1:03 AM

Answers

• Thanks Miya,

I've been checking the issues in the link you gave. Then my husband suggested to try System Restore. I did restore to the day before My Favorites dissapeared, and now I have them all back. I have no idea what made them go away on the first place. But they were all there.

I want to thank you for your response...RoseyQ

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Rosey21,

Thanks for the post!

Please temporarily turn off your anti-virus program to check if the Favorites appear again. If it works, it seems the anti-virus program blocks the Favorites.

Meanwhile, please also refer to this similar issue: http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/internet-explorer/214302-ie7-favorites-disappeared-had-previously-existed.html

Regards,

Miya

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:48 AM
  • Thanks Miya,

I will take a look a the link and see what I can find there....RoseyQ

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:17 PM
  • Thanks Miya,

I've been checking the issues in the link you gave. Then my husband suggested to try System Restore. I did restore to the day before My Favorites dissapeared, and now I have them all back. I have no idea what made them go away on the first place. But they were all there.

I want to thank you for your response...RoseyQ

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Hi Rosey,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:41 AM