Server response Group - Audio Test Service want start RRS feed

• Question

• Dear ,

i installed skype for business back end on a testing sever. while everything worked fine and SFB features are tested inside the environment, i planned to change the back end server  to a consolidated SQL server 2012 by creating a new instance for it.so i used the below command first :

Remove-CsConfigurationStoreLocation and than i opened the topology builder, i changed the SQL server Stores in the shared components, using the new sql server location and republish the topology again. so now i am facing the below issues :

1- Server Response Group start for 1 minute and than stop by itself.

2- the service Audio test try to start without luck (Starting state and than Stop)

3- have many errors on event viewer ( events ID : 33057, 33041, 32003, 31035, 33120, 31067, 41033)

4- Read many forums trying to find the solution, some of them are to open ADSI and go to the configuration---->CN=Services--->CN=RTC Service--->CN=Application Contacts(i found 3 object there) and there Remove the CN related to the audio test Service (this suggestion was not clear and not described well). so i delete the 3 objects and republished the topology again, nothing was changed. than go to the deployment wizard and run Step 1 and 2 from "Install or Update skype for Business server System" and still have the Issue!

Get-CsAudioTestServiceApplication return nothing

Get-CsApplicationEndpoint also return nothing

My question is how skype for business recreate the objects again in CN=Application Contacts? an what is the way  to solve this issue and make the 2 services running.

Thanks for you Help.

None

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Tony Mrad,

Based on your description, you have changed the SFB backend SQL Server to another SQL server. However, in your description, we found the steps you moved the SQL server is not correct, and this issue may be occurred as the incorrect steps. About how to move SFB backend SQL Server to another, you could refer to the following blog to find the details: Change a Pool Database Instance when the Pool Hosts the Central Management Server.  it is also similar to SFB Server 2015. The steps should be as below in the blog:
    1. Move the CMS database to the Standard Server, if you do not have the Standard Server, you need to create one.
    2. Move the FE database to the new SQL with backup described in the blog.
    3. Move the CMS database form Standard server to the new SQL database.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, February 1, 2019 1:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Mrad Monday, February 4, 2019 8:07 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Tony Mrad,

Based on your description, you have changed the SFB backend SQL Server to another SQL server. However, in your description, we found the steps you moved the SQL server is not correct, and this issue may be occurred as the incorrect steps. About how to move SFB backend SQL Server to another, you could refer to the following blog to find the details: Change a Pool Database Instance when the Pool Hosts the Central Management Server.  it is also similar to SFB Server 2015. The steps should be as below in the blog:
    1. Move the CMS database to the Standard Server, if you do not have the Standard Server, you need to create one.
    2. Move the FE database to the new SQL with backup described in the blog.
    3. Move the CMS database form Standard server to the new SQL database.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, February 1, 2019 1:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Mrad Monday, February 4, 2019 8:07 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 2:03 AM
  • Hi Evan ,

Thanks for your reply.

i see, i there a chance to my issue to be solved if i create a new topology and publish it?

regards ,

Tony.

None

Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Hi Tony,

It is not possible, as we only have one topology in one environment, you can't create a new topology in your environment. If you need to change the SQL Server, you must move the CMS to the new SQL Server. The best way is to follow the steps in the blog i provided in my last reply.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

• Marked as answer by Tony Mrad Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:48 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Tony Mrad Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:49 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Good to know Evan.

i will try to follow the steps.

Thanks again.

Regards ,

tony.

None

Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:50 AM
  • Hi Tony,

You are welcome, please try about this. If there’s any update, please let us know. In addition, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, February 1, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Hi Tony Mrad,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, February 4, 2019 7:39 AM