See sent emails from more than one computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have 2 computers which logged to the same email address in outlook. I'm using computer 1 and I want to see the mails which were sent from the outlook in computer 2, from my computer (computer 1). 

If I get inside the "sent mailbox" I can only see what I sent (as I'm using computer 1). I want to see what other computers which are logged to the same email address send from outlook.

How do I do this? 

Thanks. 

Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP3 or IMAP?

Based on my knowledge, if you’ve configured your account as a POP3 account in Outlook, this is by design that sent items folder will not sync between multiple devices.

In this case, you could set your account as an IMAP account. Or you can also cc yourself when sending messages and then then you will have a copy in the POP3 account which will be downloaded to your PC via Outlook.

If this is not your case, please check on the web mail to see if sent items sync normally. We could try repairing Outlook data files to check the result.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, June 11, 2018 2:54 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 2:53 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the quick response.

My account in all the computers configured as IMAP from the beginning.

I would like to mention that the mail is only connected through Outlook (the program). It's not an Outlook.com's mail. We use different domain, different mailbox and different mail server

As you asked, I tried to connect from the webmail, and I still can't see other mails which were sent from the same email in different computer using outlook. 

What Can I do?

Thank you very much. 

Monday, June 11, 2018 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

What’s the detailed version of Outlook?

Do you have “This computer only” behind the Sent Item folder? When Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 can’t find the correct folder for the Sent Items or Deleted Items folder, it will create a folder within your mailbox which doesn’t sync with the mail server.

To fix this, we have to log on to the web-based interface provided by the ISP hosting your IMAP mailbox and then find options for where to save your Sent Items.

Besides, if Outlook didn’t recognize the correct folders when the IMAP mailbox is based on a “root structure”, Outlook will ignore the already existing Sent Items and Deleted Items folder on the server and create some local ones of its own. To set the Root folder path, check the steps below:

1. Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings

2. Double click on your IMAP account and then check More Options.

3. Under Advanced tab, type “Inbox” as the Root folder path.

4. Click OK.

For more details, please check the details in this link.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, June 15, 2018 1:27 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:45 AM
  • Hi LiorBern,

How is everything going on with this issue? Just check whether the reply above is helpful to you.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:02 AM
  • Hi LiorBern,

How's everything going with the issue?

Was my reply above helpful? If so, it would be appreciated that you can help mark the useful post as answer to close the thread so that it can be more easily for others who have a similar question to find the information.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, June 18, 2018 1:53 AM
  • Hi LiorBern,

Any updates with this issue? Was the reply helpful to you?

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:04 AM