Mouse Scrolling wheel acceleration problem. RRS feed

• Question

• When I am scrolling a file, If I push a little too hard on the mouse wheel, the scrolling goes into an acceleration mode which I can only stop by pressing the mouse wheel again. I cannot find any settings to address this. I've tried both an MS mouse and an HP mouse with the same effect. I hope someone might have a solution to this issue.  Thanks

Win 10, Latest update, Bluetooth/USB, Toshiba Laptop

Sunday, September 9, 2018 10:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Has your issue been resolved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Uncle Willy Friday, September 14, 2018 2:39 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, you can try to change the setting of mouse by the following steps:

1. Right click the Windows logo and select Settings

2. Open Settings-> Devices-> Mouse-> Additional mouse options

3. Turn to Wheel tab and check the option The following number of lines of a time in Vertical Scrolling

4. Setup the value as 1

5. Click Apply and then Ok

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall mouse driver by the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click Start icon

2. Select Device Manager

3. In Device Manager, right click on the Mouse driver

4. Click Uninstall

5. Follow the prompts to continue to uninstall the Driver

Once uninstalled, restart your computer. Then try to install the mouse drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Hope these are helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Uncle Willy Friday, September 14, 2018 2:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Uncle Willy Friday, September 14, 2018 2:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by cloris_sun Friday, September 14, 2018 2:40 AM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 7:54 AM
  • Hi,
    Has your issue been resolved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best

• Marked as answer by Uncle Willy Friday, September 14, 2018 2:39 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:44 AM