none
IE11 - Webpages in some Tabs stops to load RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.

We have a problem in my organisation where a few users are complaining about a very annoying issue.

They said that when they're working with Internet Explorer 11, with several tabs openned, some random page stops to load completely. If we try to reload the webpage, nothing happens. Any other website in the other tabs continuing to work.

If we try to close that tab, and then open a new tab to try to reload the same website, nothing happens.

The only way, so far, to fix it is to completely close the IE11 and start a new IE11 to reload the website. This is the only way we're getting any result.

There is no event in Event Viewer and nothing related to the program in the IE11 logs.

A few users have this problem, but the most users don't.

Any idea?

Monday, July 11, 2016 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Cristainao,

From a web search Answer 4 is the most likely fix, but you will have to first undo your changes as listed below.

When loading this intranet website, after some minutes (or the Iexplore*32 bit process consumes +/- 110MB) all tabs stop loading in the IE11, even the new ones that i open. If i terminate the "iexplore*32" process and trying to reload, the IE11 comes back to work, but all data in the forms are lost.

try

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering"..takes effect after you restart your computer.

I've set directly in the Regedit (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\TabProcGrowth the value of 0, trying to force the IE11 to run only in 64 Bit mode, but the problem goes on.

Intranet Sites run in 32 bit processes. Delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\TabProcGrowth to return to the default.

Use the File>Properties menu to confirm that the intranet is actually mapping to the correct IE Security zone... If its in the Trusted sites zone delete it, (Trusted Sites>Sites>)...

also if the "Reset all zones to default button is enabled, click it to return ALL security zone to their defaults.

Repeat File>Properties menu to confirm that it is mapped to the intranet zone.

They said that when they're working with Internet Explorer 11, with several tabs openned, some random page stops to load completely. If we try to reload the webpage, nothing happens. Any other website in the other tabs continuing to work.

Remove any noncompany domains from their Trusted Sites list. eg. facebook, google, microsoft, twitter.

If i run the Developer Tools (F12) and go to the Network Monitor, and starts it, i can check that when i reloads the website, i received a "aborted" message from the browser.

Clear the Internet Cache.....see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22331184/ms-internet-explorer-request-aborted

Tools>Internet Options>General tab, Settings....select Automatically and 250mb.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Cristiano,

Please include links to any websites that you are having problems with your questions.... that way we can visit them to do some testing. If they are intranet sites, please mention that.

you can try (at a guess).

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default".

The select the Trusted sites icon, 'Sites' button..... are any of the sites that you are having problems with listed in the users Trusted sites list?

Remove them if they are public access sites (publicly accessible on the internet) like facebook, google or microsoft or linked in..... MSIE browser have a security setting preventing navigation into a security zone of lower integrity.... The trusted sites list actually has a lower security integrity.. (eg unsigned activeX controls are allowed to run).... If the sites you are having problems with belong to your business partners and your company has made arrangements to access their websites or networks, then contact their IT people find out what requirements they have in order to access their networks..... this may require you to change the domain name value in your trusted sites list.... eg. from abc.com to *.abc.com....

or

The may have no security restrictions, and there is no need to place them in your company's Trusted sites list.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:03 AM
  • Hi Cristiano Veiga,

According to your description, I suggest that we could try open IE in no-add on mode to check. Then we could boot in Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software and temporary disable the security software. Also we could try reset the IE 11. Please follow the steps in the below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

A few users have this problem, but the most users don't. User profile might be cause the issue. For the problematic computers, we could change a new user account to check.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:43 AM
  • @Rob

Thanks for replying.

We're using a intranet website.

This is what we've figured out so far:

We didn't changed anything in the Browser. It's running as default.

When loading this intranet website, after some minutes (or the Iexplore*32 bit process consumes +/- 110MB) all tabs stop loading in the IE11, even the new ones that i open. If i terminate the "iexplore*32" process and trying to reload, the IE11 comes back to work, but all data in the forms are lost.

I've set directly in the Regedit (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\TabProcGrowth the value of 0, trying to force the IE11 to run only in 64 Bit mode, but the problem goes on.

Same in the HKLM, where i created a string with the same name as above, but with the value of "Large" because i have a 8GB ram system. No effect, same problem. The Internet Explorer version used is the 11.0.9600.18349.

If i run the Developer Tools (F12) and go to the Network Monitor, and starts it, i can check that when i reloads the website, i received a "aborted" message from the browser.

Checking if there is any connection coming out from my browser, using the "Netstat -an | findstr SYN" command, i have nothing. By doing this i can say that the browser is denying the connection and forcing the abort. The question is why...

Again, the two ways that i have to make the website working again is restart the entire browser, or by killing the Iexplore*32.exe process and then reloading.

@Carl

I alread did the no-add on test.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 4:04 PM
  • Hi Cristainao,

From a web search Answer 4 is the most likely fix, but you will have to first undo your changes as listed below.

try

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering"..takes effect after you restart your computer.

Intranet Sites run in 32 bit processes. Delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\TabProcGrowth to return to the default.

Use the File>Properties menu to confirm that the intranet is actually mapping to the correct IE Security zone... If its in the Trusted sites zone delete it, (Trusted Sites>Sites>)...

also if the "Reset all zones to default button is enabled, click it to return ALL security zone to their defaults.

Repeat File>Properties menu to confirm that it is mapped to the intranet zone.

Remove any noncompany domains from their Trusted Sites list. eg. facebook, google, microsoft, twitter.

Clear the Internet Cache.....see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22331184/ms-internet-explorer-request-aborted

Tools>Internet Options>General tab, Settings....select Automatically and 250mb.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:03 AM