none
Why task reminder mails showing incorrect details ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

PS2007+ SP3 + Dec'11 patch

One of the User is assigned to a task in a  project which is 100% complete on Dec 5th.

Project plan is successfully published on 17th Dec, but still user getting task reminder mail with 0% complete and different finish date of the task.

I have checked all the Databases and are showing that task is 100% complete.

So was wondering why the task reminder is showing old data ? any Idea ?

Task reminders settings for user as below -

Thanks,

Parag

Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Parag,

did you check the tasks data or the assignment data in the database? The Alerts show assignment data (even if the options always say "tasks start"...

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, January 11, 2013 9:43 PM
  • Hi Parag,

it's a valid point from Christoph.  You can check everything you need to check in the Task Usage view in MSProject rather than looking in the database.  Make sure the assignment is 100% complete - I've seen this before on a PS2007 system. 

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:19 AM
  • We did have some fixes in mid 2011 for similar problems Parag, but as you are patched to Dec CU you should have all these.  If the notification says 0% then I'd suggest following Ben and Christoph's guidance and looking at the assignment.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:33 AM
    Owner