Uploading a Signed app to InTune RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an APPX which we will be deploying to Windows Mobile 10.

The guidance in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/deploy-use/sideload-apps-for-windows suggest a process which is straight forward except - Step 6, see below

Upload the app to Intune
    Upload the signed app file and your code-signing certificate to make the app available to your end users.
    1. In the Intune administration console click Administration > Windows Phone.

2. Click the Upload Signed App File and sign in with your Intune Administrator ID.

3. Add the certificate (.pfx) file that you exported to Code-signing certificate and create a password for the certificate.

4. Complete the wizard.

From Intune (Classic) there isn't a link called "Upload Signed App" - so I'm wondering if there is something I am missing in my config?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It should be the option "Upload Symantec code-signing certificate" at the node Administration->Windows Phone.

Regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Karimselm Monday, May 15, 2017 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mark Payton Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:49 PM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

As the docs has described, to deploy .appx or .xap apps to Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile devices, or to deploy any LOB app to Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.1 devices, you must get a Symantec Enterprise Mobile Code Signing Certificate.

Regards,

Jimmy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mark Payton Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:42 PM
    Friday, May 19, 2017 2:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It should be the option "Upload Symantec code-signing certificate" at the node Administration->Windows Phone.

Regards,

Jimmy

• Proposed as answer by Karimselm Monday, May 15, 2017 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mark Payton Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:49 PM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Ahh, I see - a typo then.

That does means however that this step isn't required as Windows Mobile 10 AppX don't have to be signed with a Symantec Enterprise Code Signing certificate.

How would I upload that certificate I wonder?

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

As the docs has described, to deploy .appx or .xap apps to Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile devices, or to deploy any LOB app to Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.1 devices, you must get a Symantec Enterprise Mobile Code Signing Certificate.

Regards,

Jimmy

• Marked as answer by Mark Payton Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:42 PM
    Friday, May 19, 2017 2:55 AM