Unable to delete enterprise objects. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure this out all day and have not made any progress.  I have a fresh installation of Project Server 2010 and have created my Project Web App site.  I made a test project just to mess around and verify everything functioned within in the site, and when I went to delete it I could not.  So then to test if this was simply deleting projects only or everything I decided to delete my test user account.  Both objects presented me with the same error

Error

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: ffe3f309-5680-49d8-a3d3-82b784e1d063

Date and Time: 10/20/2010 6:31:25 PM

I would greatly appreciate any input if someone has past experiences with this issue.  I haven't seen any documentation in my search efforts pertaining to this issue nor a hotfix.  There is no outstanding time sheets or tasks or anything of that nature, so it is not similar to other users who have the issues of deleting projects only.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Anymore descriptive errors in the ULS logs please?
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:20 AM
  • I seem to have a real hard time matching these up for some reason using the correlation ID (half the time I search the log it doesn't find the correlation ID), but I repeated the action and then searched the most recent log file in notepad for the correlation ID and found these entries.  Thanks a bunch for taking a look.

10/20/2010 20:08:57.30  w3wp.exe (0x1AB8)                        0x14EC SharePoint Foundation          Topology                       e5mb Medium   WcfReceiveRequest: LocalAddress: 'http://wfe1.domain.com:32843/03076f41fe4947a89cac6b5af70b85b1/PSI/PWA.svc' Channel: 'System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel' Action: 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/project/server/webservices/PWA/SecurityCheckUserPagePermission' MessageId: 'urn:uuid:cac00a5f-b922-4f13-bb64-03ddb86b6221' 583eb411-3a08-4161-b026-dee1dd975703

10/20/2010 20:08:57.30  w3wp.exe (0x1AB8)                        0x14EC SharePoint Foundation          Monitoring                     nasq Medium   Entering monitored scope (ExecuteWcfServerOperation) 583eb411-3a08-4161-b026-dee1dd975703

10/20/2010 20:08:57.30  w3wp.exe (0x1AB8)                        0x14EC SharePoint Foundation          Monitoring                     b4ly Medium   Leaving Monitored Scope (ExecuteWcfServerOperation). Execution Time=2.18016535621147 583eb411-3a08-4161-b026-dee1dd975703

EDIT

I was testing some more and the same error appeared on another one of my servers since I currently have everything running the project service excluding my reporting server (probably the reason I've been have trouble tracking down the events in the log files as well!).

10/20/2010 20:20:17.64  w3wp.exe (0x0734)                        0x1154 SharePoint Foundation          Topology                       e5mb Medium   WcfReceiveRequest: LocalAddress: 'http://appserver1.domain.com:32843/03076f41fe4947a89cac6b5af70b85b1/PSI/PWA.svc' Channel: 'System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel' Action: 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/project/server/webservices/PWA/SecurityCheckUserPagePermission' MessageId: 'urn:uuid:30f7f3bb-4c9f-4bb2-92ba-88bdb9b4627e' aa3ff300-6eb4-4c46-9e00-8ee19ce33d37

10/20/2010 20:20:17.64  w3wp.exe (0x0734)                        0x1154 SharePoint Foundation          Monitoring                     nasq Medium   Entering monitored scope (ExecuteWcfServerOperation) aa3ff300-6eb4-4c46-9e00-8ee19ce33d37

10/20/2010 20:20:17.64  w3wp.exe (0x0734)                        0x1154 SharePoint Foundation          Monitoring                     b4ly Medium   Leaving Monitored Scope (ExecuteWcfServerOperation). Execution Time=2.52266698700533 aa3ff300-6eb4-4c46-9e00-8ee19ce33d37

Thanks again

• Edited by Dustin99352 Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:28 AM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:26 AM
  • So it sounds like a permission issue, does the account you are using have admin privileges?

In the future you can use this tool to analyse ULS logs: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2009/10/30/sharepoint-and-project-server-uls-viewer-tool-released.aspx

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:02 PM
  • I have given the service account Local and Domain Administrator priviledges in an attempt to see if that resolved the issue, but it has not.  I have searched all over and there is virtually no documentation on this issue. :(

EDIT

Upon further investigation, if I navigate to the url provided for the PWA.svc.  It displayed a error saying I had to set serviceDebug to "true" in order to see the error.  I have done that and this is my result.  Unfortunately I am not advanced enough to fully understand what is going on there, so any insight is greatly appreciated.

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
    System.InvalidOperationException: An exception was thrown in a call to a policy export extension.
    Extension: System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportSecurityBindingElement
    Error: Security policy export failed. The binding contains a TransportSecurityBindingElement but no transport binding element that implements ITransportTokenAssertionProvider. Policy export for such a binding is not supported. Make sure the transport binding element in the binding implements the ITransportTokenAssertionProvider interface. ----> System.InvalidOperationException: Security policy export failed. The binding contains a TransportSecurityBindingElement but no transport binding element that implements ITransportTokenAssertionProvider. Policy export for such a binding is not supported. Make sure the transport binding element in the binding implements the ITransportTokenAssertionProvider interface.
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportSecurityBindingElement.System.ServiceModel.Description.IPolicyExportExtension.ExportPolicy(MetadataExporter exporter, PolicyConversionContext policyContext)
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExporter.ExportPolicy(ServiceEndpoint endpoint)
      --- End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace ---
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExporter.ExportPolicy(ServiceEndpoint endpoint)
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.WsdlExporter.ExportEndpoint(ServiceEndpoint endpoint, XmlQualifiedName wsdlServiceQName)
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.WsdlExporter.ExportEndpoints(IEnumerable`1 endpoints, XmlQualifiedName wsdlServiceQName)
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataBehavior.MetadataExtensionInitializer.GenerateMetadata()
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.EnsureInitialized()
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.InitializationData.InitializeFrom(ServiceMetadataExtension extension)
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.GetInitData()
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.TryHandleDocumentationRequest(Message httpGetRequest, String[] queries, Message& replyMessage)
      at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.ProcessHttpRequest(Message httpGetRequest)
      at SyncInvokeGet(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
      at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
      at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
      at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
      at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
      at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
    Friday, October 22, 2010 11:47 PM
  • Have you split the Web Front End  from the Application Server in you farm?

Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:20 PM