Can't send HTML in Outlook for Mac RRS feed

• Question

• This feature used to work flawlessly and now suddenly I cannot share Word docs at HTML through Outlook. I'm using v16 for Mac in both programs.
    Monday, February 19, 2018 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What does "send HTML in Outlook for Mac" refer to in the description? Could you provide the detailed steps to reproduce this problem so that we can try testing it here?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:09 PM
  • Hello,

Any update in this thread?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:13 AM
  • Hi bellcabrera,

We found a known issue that Word will no longer mail merge documents to email in HTML format. Here are the steps to reproduce it:

1. New Document

2. Mailings-> Start Mail Merge->Email Messages

3. Select Recipients->Filter Recipients->Insert Fields->Preview Results

4. Finish & Merge->Merge to E-mail

5. Send As:HTML Message-> Mail Merge To Outbox

Result: Fails with message "Word was unable to mail your document" and "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this database"

May I know whether you are encountering a similar issue? If not, please provide the detailed steps to reproduce your issue so that we can verify it in our environment and try to find a fix.

Appreciate your time.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:28 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:28 AM