none
MS Win 2008 R2 - Event ID 36870 Schannel Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to everyone.

From several months, only in working days, I have in the event log System of the Domain Controller (MS Win 2008 R2) this error:

"A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the SSL client credential private key. The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x8009030d. The internal error state is 10003."   Event ID 36870   Source Schannel

The message appears twenty times about every 3 hours (only during working hours 08:00AM-08:00PM).

Considering that it appears only during working hours I think it's an error of a client (all with MS Windows 7 Professional 32bit): do you have a tip for me?

Thank you.
    Best regards.

Alessandro

Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

to resolve this issue you can follow the steps in this link it can help you:

http://www.zerohoursleep.com/2010/11/a-fatal-error-occurred-when-attempting-to-access-the-ssl-server-credential-private-key/

Oussama Oueslati | System Engineer | vNext Consulting

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:47 PM
  • Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for your post.

Try the Schannel 36872 or Schannel 36870 on a Domain Controller to troubleshooting.

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know

Regards,
    Rick Tan

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Hello.

Thank you very much and sorry for my late reply.

I have followed your tips, but I don't resolve the problem.

Do you have other ideas?

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Regards,

Alessandro

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:30 PM
  • Hello.

I have the same problem and I don't find a solution.

So I have a question: could I uninstall and reinstall the CA in my domain controller? Is there an how-to?

Thank you.
    Best regards.

Alessandro

Friday, January 27, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Hello.

An update: after several investigations, I discover that the problem is a software, installed on the domain controller, which connects to the Exchange OWA 2010 with SSL.

If I start this software service with "DOMAIN\Administrator", the error goes away.

The error returns if I start the software service with "Network Service".

Could you please help me to give the correct permission to Network Service to solve the error 36870?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Alessandro

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:53 AM
  • I think they should implement a mechanism to deduct...or slice off with a dull dirty infected blade points, karma, money, fingers, toes, ears noses, lips, arms, legs, heads and the same from loved ones for any and every poser that pastes a link to some fukstick as an answer...the quality of the internet's quantitative teaching power has plummeted in the last 10 years.  And it aint cause of us. 
    • Edited by dtdionne Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:31 AM
    Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:31 AM
  • i cannot fault this statement. It has stood the test of time.
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:49 AM