There is a problem with the page() and it cannot be loaded. Please contact the author of this page... RRS feed

Answers

• My Items go with the book, and if the book is opened by someone who doesn't have the My Item on their machine, the item is shown as a Page Item.  This happens whether the book is saved locally or published.  If this isn't happening, it would be good to start with a new book and use something like AdWorks to repro it, and then send the steps you've taken so we can have a look at it.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:37 PM

All replies

• I think that the error message in the heading occurs in this scenario.

• An en user creates a local briefing book with a report and a ProClarity object(calculated member) that is used in this report.
    • The calculated member will be stored in My Items and will have the windows account of the user that created it attached to it.
    • The end user publishes the briefing book to PAS but forgets to publish the calculated member to the PAS library so the PAS report still points to an object with the windows account.
    • The error message in the header in this post appears.
    • When the calculated member if published to PAS by a right click on it, in MyItems, and is copied to the same PAS library as the briefing book the windows account for the ProClarity member is changed to Shared Items.
    • The calculated member will appear in shared items and the report will not break.

It is very easy to forget to publish items/objects to PAS when you publish the briefingbook. When you email a bbk file or put on a share this problem do not seem to occur because MyI tems will automatically be available in the bbk-file(as Page tems?). This is not strange since you need rights to publish items/objects in PAS. What is missing is that you should not be able to publish a report/bbk with items that are not shared.

Any comments?

BR

Thomas Ivarsson

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:59 PM
  • There is also a second scenario for this error.

Briefing books sometimes miss the MDStore xml file. I have saved PAS 6.3 published briefing books locally as XML and at least one book with this error message is missing the _MDStore.xml file.

I have not found out why yet.

Regards

Thomas Ivarsson

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:01 AM
  • My Items go with the book, and if the book is opened by someone who doesn't have the My Item on their machine, the item is shown as a Page Item.  This happens whether the book is saved locally or published.  If this isn't happening, it would be good to start with a new book and use something like AdWorks to repro it, and then send the steps you've taken so we can have a look at it.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:37 PM