none
Jabra Move Wireless Headphones wont pair in bluetooth RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on a plain vanilla Dell Desktop. I bought a pair of Jabra Move Wireless headphones to use at my desk.

When I try to "Add a device", Windows can see the headphones, but not pair with them. When trying to pair, I get an error message that:

"Adding this device to the computer failed because of an authentication error. This might be due to an incorrect pairing code. Try adding the correct pairing code for the device. You might need to refer to your devices documentation for details."

The pairing code is 0000, but Windows 7 seems to have no method of inputting the code.

Microsoft Answer Desk is completely useless, except for offering me one year of "advanced technical support" for $149. Jabra has been equally useless. 

I've found dozens of reports on the net of this exact same problem with various Bluetooth devices and Windows 7, but no answers as to how to resolve it. All of my drivers seem to be up to date, as is Windows. 

Monday, March 30, 2015 10:39 AM

Answers

• And the problem has been solved. 

After all of my frustration with the Japanese support office for Jabra, it was the American support staff that solved the problem in one email, by telling me how to reset the headphones to factory settings, something that is not mentioned in any of the accompanying literature or on the website, anywhere that I could find. After that, the pairing went off perfectly.

It was a very simple procedure, and I'm baffled as to why the Japanese support staff, although they spoke excellent English, was unable to even understand my problem, let alone offer a solution.

Anyway, the headphones are working now. Thanks for all the advice.

• Marked as answer by RLHowser Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:19 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:18 PM

All replies

• Check for the latest Dell Wireless Bluetooth Application.

Have you tried Jabra PC Suite?

I shall also suggest you to check the issue with another system (where Windows 7 is running).

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Monday, March 30, 2015 12:20 PM
  • this Jabra is using Bluetooth version 4.0 make sure your desktop support for it

http://www.jabra.com/products/bluetooth/jabra_move_wireless/jabra_move_wireless#section-support

I suggest contact manufactured for the details

you can use 3,5 mm jack for temporary solution

• Edited by britishdhez Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:12 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:12 AM
  • As far as I can tell, my Bluetooth dongle is 3.0. This appears to be the unit.

http://www.logitec.co.jp/products/bluetooth/lbtuan03c2bk/index.php

Would that prevent the headphones from pairing?

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:46 AM
  • And this is a question you must contact Jabra about!  Only Jabra is qualified to comment about the functionality of their products.  They manufacture the headphones and they are the ones specifying how they work!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:05 AM
  • And the problem has been solved. 

After all of my frustration with the Japanese support office for Jabra, it was the American support staff that solved the problem in one email, by telling me how to reset the headphones to factory settings, something that is not mentioned in any of the accompanying literature or on the website, anywhere that I could find. After that, the pairing went off perfectly.

It was a very simple procedure, and I'm baffled as to why the Japanese support staff, although they spoke excellent English, was unable to even understand my problem, let alone offer a solution.

Anyway, the headphones are working now. Thanks for all the advice.

• Marked as answer by RLHowser Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:19 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:18 PM
  • So you did not find the solution yourself, Jabra provide you the solution.
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:42 PM
  • I sincerely hope you didn't injure yourself patting yourself on the back after following my suggestion to contact Jabra about your problem!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, April 3, 2015 10:39 AM
  • Do kindly state how did you reset the Jabra to factory setting so we can all know how.

No point telling us you did it, but not show others how to do it?

ANYWAY FOUND THE ANSWER THIS ARE THE STEPS

1. Turn on your Jabra Move Wireless
    2. Simultaneously press and hold for 5 seconds, both Multi-function button and Volume up until 2 brief sound prompts are played in the headset
    3. The Jabra Move wireless is now reset and is ready for pairing

• Edited by Hawkenfox Friday, December 30, 2016 1:28 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2016 1:12 AM
  • can you share the solution please. All the links below seem to lead to page not found or links with nothing to really download, not software nor driver for windows 7...

Thanks!

Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:20 AM