none
EWF Provider missing from Windows 7 Embedded POSReady Trial? Enhanced Write Filter RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to configure the enhanced write filter in a trial version of Windows 7 Embedded POSReady, but the EWF Provider feature pack appears to be missing.  Most of the literature I have consulted implies that the EWF Provider is included with Windows 7 Embedded POSReady by default.  Will I need to create a custom build to use the EWF Provider?
    Friday, January 20, 2012 4:00 PM

Answers

• Both EWF and EWF WMI Provider are available on the DVD for POSReady 7, however they are NOT in the default image.  In order to use EWF with POSReady 7 you must follow the instruction on adding packages (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh273229(WinEmbedded.21).aspx).  This applies to both EWF and FBWF. 

There are several packages in the DS folder of the DVD, most of which are there to support adding packages back to the image that had been removed from the default image.  Exceptions to this rule include those for EWF and FBWF as follows:

WinEmb-enhanced-write-filter.cab
       WinEmb-EWF-WMI-provider.cab
       WinEmb-file-based=write-filter.cab
       WinEmb-FBWF-WMI-Provider.cab

All other packages in the DS folder are included in the default installation of POSReady 7.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Monday, January 23, 2012 3:48 PM