FCS Management Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I get following failure message in my fsc mangement console:
    "Could not start the scan for all managed computers. No Client Security Management servers were discovered in the MOM "microsoft Forefront Client Security Collector" computer group."

Can anyone help me?

I also have the problem that no "managed computers" appear in the FCSMC.

thanks in advance

Flo
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:42 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your answers.

But I solved this issue by myself. I decided to reinstall the whole fcs environment.

And today I'm looked in my fcs management console and it is still working correctly.

Maybe there was just a language conflict, because I have a win 2003 server EE in the english version and the fcs was a german one.

regards,
    Florian

• Marked as answer by Flo_AC Monday, May 11, 2009 10:03 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Before going any further, I’d like to confirm whether you have created a policy in the FCS main console and deployed that policy to your clients. Without it, no clients will install and no clients will pop up in the management console.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, May 8, 2009 9:42 AM
  • Sounds like a problem ... sounds kind of like the MOM server is no longer in its proper group.
    Can you open MOM admin console go under Administration>Computers>Managment Servers and see if you see a computer object there for your MOM server?
    If so double click on it and check the Computer Groups Tab... Should be about 9 groups in there including 4 FCS ones of which one is "Microsoft Forefront Client Security Collector"

Do you know if you installed the Collection Server role?

Thanks
    Kurt
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Friday, May 8, 2009 6:56 PM
  • Thank you for your answers.

But I solved this issue by myself. I decided to reinstall the whole fcs environment.

And today I'm looked in my fcs management console and it is still working correctly.

Maybe there was just a language conflict, because I have a win 2003 server EE in the english version and the fcs was a german one.

regards,
    Florian

• Marked as answer by Flo_AC Monday, May 11, 2009 10:03 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:02 AM