Windows Seach Service RRS feed

• Question

• I can only get outlook search to work by disabling this service.

How can I update it ?

• Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Are there any error messages? If yes, please paste here so that we can do more research.

We could first try rebuilding indexing to check the result. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Indexing Options > Advanced > Rebuild.

Does Outlook return no results when searching? In addition to rebuilding indexing, we could also check whether .msg files are included in Indexing Location. To check this, please go to Control Pane > Indexing Options. Under File Type tab, scroll down to make sure msg type is ticked.

Besides, what’s the detailed version of both Outlook and Windows? There was a known issue that you may receive "Something went wrong..." or "Search results may be incomplete" error when searching in Outlook. Please check the details under Issue #5 section in this link to see whether this is the case for you.

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 16, 2018 9:18 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

Does my reply work for you?

If you still have concern about this issue, please post back at ease.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Sunday, March 18, 2018 3:12 AM