none
Logoff script won't run properly

Answers

• > Please manually create the folder and add your script in this folder, then test again to see if it helps.

No it doesn't. :-)

If this were my script, the first thing I'd do is "add logging". For batches, append "1>>logfile.txt 2>&1" to each command that produces screen output. For robocopy, the /log or /log+ switches can be used.

Im übrigen würd ich vorschlagen, wir bleibem im deutschen Forum :-)

• Marked as answer by Malte_EP Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:31 PM
    Monday, April 3, 2017 11:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Are there any related logs in the event viewer for helping troubleshooting?
    And please check if the computer and user configured with logoff script have the permission to copy files in your script. You could add the permission for computers and user on the files which need to be copied.
    In addition, please add the user and computer account permission to the folder and see if it works: C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:35 AM
  • Hello Wendy,

thank you for your help. No there are no kind of logfiles in the event viewer. If we run the script with a logged on user everything is fine. So the permissions to copy the files are OK i think. The path "C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff" doesn't exsist completly.

Br

Malte

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Hi Malte,
    Please manually create the folder and add your script in this folder, then test again to see if it helps.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 3, 2017 3:29 AM
  • > Please manually create the folder and add your script in this folder, then test again to see if it helps.

No it doesn't. :-)

If this were my script, the first thing I'd do is "add logging". For batches, append "1>>logfile.txt 2>&1" to each command that produces screen output. For robocopy, the /log or /log+ switches can be used.

Im übrigen würd ich vorschlagen, wir bleibem im deutschen Forum :-)

• Marked as answer by Malte_EP Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:31 PM
    Monday, April 3, 2017 11:50 AM
  • To add some more logging does the trick! Had something to do with UNC path. To use a mapped networkdrive wasn't the best option to choose. So we are fine now with the Logoff/Logon scripts

Manchmal findet man ja auch in anderer Sprache ggf. eine gute Lösung ;-)

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:34 PM