vm on hyper-v version 6.3 get frequently hang RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have recently migrate VMservers from window2008 server to window2012 server on hyper-v through veeam using default settings, i also have installed the integration services all machine i had migrated to window2012 hyper v

there are few machine which keep stop responding at all, even to cntr+alt+del, left me with no option but to restart vm

this start happening very frequently now, even a four time a week. i search though event logs but could not found anything related.

i also notice that before i went completed frozen state, the machine stop responding partially. like the task manager did not respond nor i was able to shut down system it self, though i can click and open windows in system.

even the ping did not respose, i tried to disabled offload but even that did not work out. 

thanks, Vijay

Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

i have recently migrate VMservers from window2008 server to window2012 server on hyper-v through veeam using default settings, i also have installed the integration services all machine i had migrated to window2012 hyper v

there are few machine which keep stop responding at all, even to cntr+alt+del, left me with no option but to restart vm

this start happening very frequently now, even a four time a week. i search though event logs but could not found anything related.

i also notice that before i went completed frozen state, the machine stop responding partially. like the task manager did not respond nor i was able to shut down system it self, though i can click and open windows in system.

even the ping did not respose, i tried to disabled offload but even that did not work out. 

thanks, Vijay

thanks, Vijay

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:13 AM
  • For Hyper-V, please ask in the Hyper-V forum here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/threads

This forum is for Virtual Server 2005.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:49 PM