Slow down and computer problems after windows 10 update RRS feed

• Question

• After updating my windows 8 to windows 10, my computer is slow to restart and load. It is also having trouble doing simple tasks to running CD programs such as Turbo tax. Is this normal?

My desktop items that can't be deleted since I updated as well.

How do I get my computer to speed up and allow me to delete things off my desk top? Is this normal?

Thank you,

RC

Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As I know, before we see logon screen, 3rd part drivers or some security program will run in background.

To check this issue, if you have any 3rd security applications installed, please disable or temporarily remove it to see what's going on.

Another thing is, update all your drivers in Device manager or find the latest one for Windows 10 on manufacturer's website, then check the issue.

For further troubleshooting, please install the Performance monitor to capture the boot trace and find which process or driver cause you issue:

Download the Windows ADK for Windows 10

Open the installer and follow the wizard to install Performance toolkit:

Then, open Performance Recorder and choose Boot on Performance scenario, and click Start, you will be required to restart the computer:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 5, 2016 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As I know, before we see logon screen, 3rd part drivers or some security program will run in background.

To check this issue, if you have any 3rd security applications installed, please disable or temporarily remove it to see what's going on.

Another thing is, update all your drivers in Device manager or find the latest one for Windows 10 on manufacturer's website, then check the issue.

For further troubleshooting, please install the Performance monitor to capture the boot trace and find which process or driver cause you issue:

Download the Windows ADK for Windows 10

Open the installer and follow the wizard to install Performance toolkit:

Then, open Performance Recorder and choose Boot on Performance scenario, and click Start, you will be required to restart the computer:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 5, 2016 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the suggestions were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can benefit our Community members. Otherwise, please unpropose it and provide performance log for further assistance.   

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:44 AM