Dreamscene problems RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell laptop running Vista and a compaq desktop running Vista (both Ultimate with areo enabled). Both have dreamscene videos loaded and the desktop runs them fine. But the laptop will not run them as desktop.  The laptop will run other videos as desktop. If I try to run the dreamscene videos in Media Player on the laptop it gives an error (You've encountered error message C00D11B1 while using Windows Media Player.) I have downloaded and installed the vista codec pack but no difference.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:06 PM

All replies

• I have the same issues.  It did work at one time, before SP1 I think.  I don't get the error in Media Player it just plays in all black.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 2:18 PM
  • I just recently learned about Dream Scene and decided to give it a try, but when I attempted to load a video, an error message popped up and stated that Dream Scene will only run if the Windows Aero scheme is applied.  When I looked to see if I have that scheme available, the only option was Aero 4074 Remix.  After applying this theme, the same error appeared stating that Dream Scene can only run if the Aero Scheme is applied.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:17 PM
  •  eukers wrote:
    I just recently learned about Dream Scene and decided to give it a try, but when I attempted to load a video, an error message popped up and stated that Dream Scene will only run if the Windows Aero scheme is applied.  When I looked to see if I have that scheme available, the only option was Aero 4074 Remix.  After applying this theme, the same error appeared stating that Dream Scene can only run if the Aero Scheme is applied.

Hi

The Vista Aero is a Color Scheme, not a Theme. You need to have the Windows Vista Theme selected to enable Aero.

Right-click on the Desktop and click Personalize.

Click 'Theme'.

In the Theme: drop down menu, select 'Windows Vista'.
    Click Apply / OK.

Next, select 'Window Color and Appearance'.

Click 'Open classic appearance properties for more color options'.

Select 'Windows Aero'
    Click Apply / OK.

Click 'Color and Appearance' again.
    Make sure that the 'Enable Transparency' is selected.

You can use any of the default colors at the top of this window, or you can use the 'Color Mixer' and 'Color Intensity' controls to adjust the color that you desire.

When you are finished, click OK.

*NOTE: If you see the "Aero 4074 Remix", this is a third party custom theme that is not supported on Windows Vista. This theme requires replacing several of the default Vista System files with customized versions. These customized files can interfere with the normal operation of certain components in Vista.

------------------------------------
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

• Proposed as answer by JasonSB111 Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:20 PM
    Friday, September 26, 2008 10:00 PM
  •  eukers wrote:
    I just recently learned about Dream Scene and decided to give it a try, but when I attempted to load a video, an error message popped up and stated that Dream Scene will only run if the Windows Aero scheme is applied.  When I looked to see if I have that scheme available, the only option was Aero 4074 Remix.  After applying this theme, the same error appeared stating that Dream Scene can only run if the Aero Scheme is applied.

Hi

The Vista Aero is a Color Scheme, not a Theme. You need to have the Windows Vista Theme selected to enable Aero.

Right-click on the Desktop and click Personalize.

Click 'Theme'.

In the Theme: drop down menu, select 'Windows Vista'.
    Click Apply / OK.

Next, select 'Window Color and Appearance'.

Click 'Open classic appearance properties for more color options'.

Select 'Windows Aero'
    Click Apply / OK.

Click 'Color and Appearance' again.
    Make sure that the 'Enable Transparency' is selected.

You can use any of the default colors at the top of this window, or you can use the 'Color Mixer' and 'Color Intensity' controls to adjust the color that you desire.

When you are finished, click OK.

*NOTE: If you see the "Aero 4074 Remix", this is a third party custom theme that is not supported on Windows Vista. This theme requires replacing several of the default Vista System files with customized versions. These customized files can interfere with the normal operation of certain components in Vista.

------------------------------------
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

TYVM this worked perfectly
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:21 PM