unfixable protection issues RRS feed

• Question

• After using the OneCare Safety Scanner, I get a message that Protection is Bad on my computer, with 9 items detected & 7 issues found. After clicking Next to fix the issues, I am told they are not able to be fixed & I should click Next to learn more. Clicking Next does not take me anywhere that I could learn more. I have Windows XP & internet explorer 7, version 7.0.5730.13IC. Could you help me learn more about my specific issues & how to cope with them? I have virus software (AVG) that is functioning and indicates no problems, but my computer has been running slower of late.  Thank you! 

janet johnson
    Friday, February 11, 2011 1:33 AM

Answers

• After using the OneCare Safety Scanner, I get a message that Protection is Bad on my computer, with 9 items detected & 7 issues found. After clicking Next to fix the issues, I am told they are not able to be fixed & I should click Next to learn more. Clicking Next does not take me anywhere that I could learn more. I have Windows XP & internet explorer 7, version 7.0.5730.13IC. Could you help me learn more about my specific issues & how to cope with them? I have virus software (AVG) that is functioning and indicates no problems, but my computer has been running slower of late.  Thank you! 

janet johnson
    I can tell you one problem, is that your using internet explorer 7, do a windows update/microsoft update and up date your computer!  Not having the latest updates from microsoft is probably the security issues your are having!
    Friday, February 11, 2011 11:54 AM
  • I installed internet explorer 8, & now have version 8.0.6001.18702IC. My error message has now changed. Now on the Windows Live OneCare home page, when I click Full Service Scan, I get an error message which reads: "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 1, Character: 1, Error: Invalid Character, Code: 0, URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\wlscBase.dll/script_hig.js    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" I have just answered "yes" & have incomplete graphics similar to those with IE7. Can you think of anything else to try? See response above too please.
    janet johnson
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 3:42 AM

All replies

• Yes we can help you here but you will have to tell us what your 16 issues are. I ran the scan twice and and clicked learn more before fixing and after fixing. Each time it showed a popup and there was exact information but I had to allow the popup because my popup blocker was on. It did however show more information before fixing, after fixing the learn more was missing from one section. If you did not note your issues, scan again. When the scan is finished, before clicking next, click on the little ^ to expand the sections and note your issues. Post your issues to the forum.

Friday, February 11, 2011 4:16 AM
  • Thank you for your response.  It points to an underlying issue. On the Windows Live OneCare home page, when I click Full Service Scan, I get an error message which reads: "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 2, Character: 1, Error: Invalid Character, Code: 0, URL: about:blank. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? I have always clicked "yes" - but this means that nothing ever told me what my issues are, nor did I have a ^ to expand sections. BTW, my popup blocker is off.
    janet johnson
    Friday, February 11, 2011 4:39 AM
  • Well without knowing the 16 issues it is hard to help! Try the scan again and see what happens when you click no to running scripts. Since OneCare found 16 issues and AVG (and I assume it is the free version.) did not find any maybe you might want to try another free Anti Virus program.

2 links below but it is the same program, just in case you might have a problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx 

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

If you do wish to try it, download it and before installing it uninstall AVG first. Do not uninstall AVG untill the new one is downloaded!

Friday, February 11, 2011 6:40 AM

janet johnson
    I can tell you one problem, is that your using internet explorer 7, do a windows update/microsoft update and up date your computer!  Not having the latest updates from microsoft is probably the security issues your are having!
    Friday, February 11, 2011 11:54 AM
  • I clicked no to running scripts, same result  I tried McAfee virus protection, which found no problems, just like AVG. see response below please.
    janet johnson
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 3:30 AM
  • I installed internet explorer 8, & now have version 8.0.6001.18702IC. My error message has now changed. Now on the Windows Live OneCare home page, when I click Full Service Scan, I get an error message which reads: "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 1, Character: 1, Error: Invalid Character, Code: 0, URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\wlscBase.dll/script_hig.js    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" I have just answered "yes" & have incomplete graphics similar to those with IE7. Can you think of anything else to try? See response above too please.
    janet johnson
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 3:42 AM
  • Go to Add or Remove Programs and remove Windows Live OneCare safety scanner. Next open Internet Options, on the General page click Settings for Browsing history, click View objects, right click Windows Live Safety Center Base Module and remove. Try again!
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 4:28 AM
  • PROGRESS!! After installing IE8, I was able to see the buttons that you click to expand the scan results.  I printed the screens, so here goes:

7 severe issues found

Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.TC   Issue 1: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun\java\deployment cache\6.0\31\781da39f-515fc0a0   ae28546890f.class

Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.TD   Issue 1: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun\java\deployment cache\6.0\31\781da39f-515fc0a0   a66d578f084.class

Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.VW   Issue 1: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun\java\deployment cache\6.0\31\781da39f-515fc0a0   ab5601d4848.class

Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0094.BL   Issue 1: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun\java\deployment cache\6.0\31\781da39f-515fc0a0   ab16db71cdc.class

Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0094.BQ   Issue 1: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun\java\deployment cache\6.0\31\781da39f-515fc0a0   af439f0798.class

Trojan:Java/Mesdeh   Issue 1: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\31\781da39f-515fc0a0   a6a7a760c0e

Trojan Downloader:Java/Rexec.B:  Issue 1: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun\java\deployment cache\6.0\31\781da39f-515fc0a0   aa79d1019d8.class   a4cb9b1a8a5.class   a0ee3d65141.class

How do I fix 'em?   Thank you - janet

janet johnson
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Go to: Internet Options, Under Browsing history click Settings, click View objects, right click each Java Runtime Enviorment and Remove. Now go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, click to highlight each Java listed and Remove. Next go to C: Program Files Right click Java and also JRE and delete. Now go to C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun right click and delete Sun. Scan again. If all is ok use the link and download Java.

http://java.com/en/

You should use the Virus program I suggested since both AVG and McAfee did not find anything but OneCare did. I provided 2 links for this in a earlier post.

Let me know the results!

signed.....fyip.....for your information please!

• Proposed as answer by finance chick Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:33 PM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:34 PM
  • I was with you all the way up to C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun right click and delete Sun. I have no application data file in janet johnson.  A search on sun also returned no file. Was it deleted in one of the prior steps perhaps?

AVG found the virus & quarantined it, but did nothing to repair the situation.  I will install the program you suggest after everything is restored.  Thank you for your help!  jj

janet johnson
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:59 AM
  • Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View Tab, click Show hidden files and folders, Apply, OK. Now go back to: C:\documents and settings\janet johnson\application data\sun, right click and delete Sun. Scan again. If all is ok use the link and download Java.

Info Note: When doing a search if you scroll down there are more options including "Search hidden files and folders"

Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Bless your soul.  I am virus free and ecstatic.  Java is reinstalled.  Next comes new virus software.
    janet johnson
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:16 PM
  • Happy for you!   Please download your new Virus software then uninstall the old one then install the new one.

Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:36 PM
  • New virus software is in place.  Computer is running better than it has in a loooong time. Thanks again! jj
    janet johnson
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 9:12 PM

• Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353 is identified as malware. It is very dangerous and harmful for Windows PC. If your system infected by this malware then you will face lot of problem while using application. This malware changes lot of system settings due to which computer starts working slowly as well as sometimes unexpected reboot takes place. 

To remove Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353 malware just open Windows task manager and stop all process related to Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353. 

If you want to know how to remove Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353 malware in details then you can visit:--

1>> Source:-- Microsoft official:-- How to remove Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353 malware
    2>> How to remove Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353 malware infection
    Monday, August 6, 2012 12:49 PM