none
Track this list in Access RRS feed

• Question

• PS2007 sp2 june CU, Office 2007

We've customized our issues and risks pages by adding various fields to each list.  Therefore in order to get reports that include the fields we've added we use the feature "track this list in access" and have set up queries in access to get our reports. 

One of our users is unable to "track this list in access".  When she is in Risks, she selects "edit in datasheet" from the actions menu.  then on the right side of the page, she selects "track this list in access" from the Task Pane.  She selects an existing database.  The database opens but he tables are never linked.  When she tries to close access it locks up and she is then forced to end it in task manager.

I am also using office 2007 and have not had this issue.  Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• I actually had a few problems with the Track this list in access feature.

The problem i mentioned in the original post was solved when we reinstalled Access for the user. 

Another problem encountered was one with Office 2003 users (users with project 2007 and Access 2003).  When Project 2007 is installed the Windows SharePoint Services Support component does not work with Access2003.  We fixed it by uninstalling all office products. Installed project 2007 by doing a custom installation and removing the Windows SharePoint Services Support component.  Then reinstalled office 2003 making sure to include the windows SharePoint Servises Support feature. 

• Marked as answer by JennPenn07 Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:07 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:07 PM