Missing Compatibility Tab under Properties in Windows 7 Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Just as the topic says, there is no option for compatibility when i right click>properties so how would i restore this option because the troubleshooter just isnt working for me
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The compatibility tab is displayed in the Properties of a program icon or program file, it isn’t available for files (.doc, .txt, .jpg. etc). Is the compatibility tab missing on all program icons? Please right click other program icons for tests.

As a work around, please click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, then click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” , then select the application that you want to start in compatibility mode.

To solid troubleshoot this kind of issue, please perform a System Restore or In-place Upgrade.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, August 2, 2010 8:35 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The compatibility tab is displayed in the Properties of a program icon or program file, it isn’t available for files (.doc, .txt, .jpg. etc). Is the compatibility tab missing on all program icons? Please right click other program icons for tests.

As a work around, please click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, then click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” , then select the application that you want to start in compatibility mode.

To solid troubleshoot this kind of issue, please perform a System Restore or In-place Upgrade.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, August 2, 2010 8:35 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:34 AM
  • I'm right clicking a program (Outlook.exe) in Windows 10 - no compatibility pane there.

I wonder why Microsoft is so persistent in making sure the default user experience is so trouble-filled....

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:35 AM