Cannot make stereo recording via USB Conexant Board RRS feed

• Question

• Hey!. I have a brand  new Lenovo SL400 2743 H4Y Windows Vista Bussiness 32 with Conexant HD Smart Audio 221 internal board and it is impossible for me to record stereo music or sounds from external sources. Either using the mic input or an USB adapter, sounds are recorded as a monoaural signal. If I disconnect one of the entry channels, the music is also being recorded in both channels. If I use the microphone input, the same problem occurs. It feels like an existant short circuit at the input (microphone function)

The device configuration at Control Panel accepts mic inputs only  and it is impossible the access to the stereo mixer. I have tried the same procedures with my T42p with XP pro and everything is functionning well.

The programs I am using are Cool Edit Pro, Sound Forge and Cakewalk Music Creator in both computers.

Tell me please what can I do to record music from external sources, or what USB audio interface will work well, or if I must downgrade to XP and face with other problems.  

THANKS. 

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:54 PM

Answers

• Hi, the Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation troubleshooting only. Please do not post sound recorder related questions in this thread and also make sure to choose the appropriate Windows Vista forum before submitting an inquiry in the future. For your information, you'd better submit a new thread to Windows Vista Hardware. Thanks for your time and understanding.

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, June 22, 2009 11:26 AM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:10 AM