none
Enterprise Lookup Tables is out of sync in Project Professional RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I've edited (removed and add values) a lookup table in PWA 2010 but when i opened my Project Professional and click project information the custom field that that assocate the lookup tables i've updated is still have the old values?!!

    Here's my PWA Settings

    And here's what i have in Project Professional 2010

    Any ideas how to sync this? Appreciate your help.

    Thanks

    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:18 AM

Answers

  • I just resolved this! Thanks Andrew your response is helpful which leads me to the actual resolution!

    The resolution was to delete the cache files in Project Professional cache folder.

    NOTE:

    Make sure that you SAVE and PUBLISH all your projects before deleting the cache files.

    1. Close and exit MS Project Professional 2010 application (if already open on your machine)
    2. Click on Start menu -> Run
    3. Type %appdata% and click on "OK"
    4. Navigate to Microsoft\MS Project\14\Cache
    5. Delete the folders/files listed.

    Thanks

    • Marked as answer by RupertJM Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:32 AM

All replies

  • When in doubt, delete the cache in the client.  Seriously though, that typically addresses this kind of issue and forces a reload of the Enterprise Global template.


    Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

    • Proposed as answer by Axel Hammer Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:41 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Andrew for your reply,

    I just cleaned/removed the cache and re open Project Professional but still not loading the correct lookup values. :(

    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:55 AM
  • Have you checked whether your lookup table is checked in (not sure if this makes a difference though)? What about changes to other custom fields or lookup tables, can you see those changes immediately?


    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:33 AM
  • I just resolved this! Thanks Andrew your response is helpful which leads me to the actual resolution!

    The resolution was to delete the cache files in Project Professional cache folder.

    NOTE:

    Make sure that you SAVE and PUBLISH all your projects before deleting the cache files.

    1. Close and exit MS Project Professional 2010 application (if already open on your machine)
    2. Click on Start menu -> Run
    3. Type %appdata% and click on "OK"
    4. Navigate to Microsoft\MS Project\14\Cache
    5. Delete the folders/files listed.

    Thanks

    • Marked as answer by RupertJM Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:32 AM