Contact details web part is still showing deleted AD user in the user lookup RRS feed

• Question

• The user was deleted several months ago from AD and is no longer appearing in the User Information hidden list.  Their profile is not in SharePoint at all, not even as an inactive profile. 

That being said, the user is still showing up in the user lookup on the Contact details web part. 

I tried running the stsadm -o sync commands to delete inconsistencies and resync the database.  I did a full user import and recrawled the imported users. 

What other options are there for fixing this issue (aside from locating the bad entry in SQL and deleting it manually)?

I'm using MOSS 2007 SP2.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:57 PM

Answers

• tp_deleted will be changed to 0 when the user account is deleted from AD and
    tp_IsActive changes to 0 so the user account will not resolve from people picker after deleting the account from AD.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc717309(PROT.10).aspx

tp_deleted gets changed from 1 or 0 to tp_ID when the user is deleted from SharePoint so if tp_deleted is still 0 then SharePoint, perhaps erroneously, believes the user has not been deleted somewhere within the environment, perhaps on another web or root level site somewhere.

I know you said the user was removed from the environment but using something like the following code to ensure the user is not permissioned somewhere will help make sure.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/55298fd8-4e91-46f8-ad34-cd4eeb66f2a7

By chance was this user the root site collection owner?

Fred Ellis - MSFT - "Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread."
    • Proposed as answer by anonymous 1 Monday, March 21, 2011 7:06 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by anonymous 1 Monday, March 21, 2011 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:25 AM
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have ran all possible ways to resolve this issue, try deleting user from SP site , it must be there.

After deleting that particular user from all SharePoint site check the status in people picker. I agree those are deleted from AD and SSP but they are still in SP site DB.

So suggest you to delete them manually from SP site.

Please let us know if this will be helpful.

Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:14 AM
  • You have ran all possible ways to resolve this issue, try deleting user from SP site , it must be there.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the user was removed from the site a long time ago (which is also why they are not in the hidden User Information list). 
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:53 PM Please do not use full-quote. It wastes screen space
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:37 PM
  • To Microsoft Support Engineer Lily Wu:

Do you have any information yet regarding this issue? 

I received your email but did not get an email address to reply back to you.  I'm hoping you are watching this thread and see this message.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:30 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

As Pratik said, you've tried almost the possible ways, the one I can think of is the My Site Cleanup Timer Job. If the job was disabled, please run the this cleanup timer job and see the result. For details, please see:

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com 

Lily Wu || Microsoft Online Community Support Engineer || SharePoint
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:39 AM
  • As Pratik said, you've tried almost the possible ways, the one I can think of is the My Site Cleanup Timer Job. 

Hi Lily,

The MySite Cleanup Timer Job is not disabled and appears to run correctly as other MySites of deleted users in AD have been removed in the past few days.

I do have some more information though.  I started querying the userinfo table in each content database looking for references to the user.  I discovered an entry for this user in my main content database's userinfo table.  I compared this user's information to other users who have recently been deleted from AD (whose profiles were successfully deleted in SharePoint). 

All other accounts (besides this one user) that have been disabled or deleted in AD have a number other than 0 in either tp_deleted or the tp_isactive columns in the userinfo table.  Only the problematic deleted user account has 0 in both columns. 

Please let me know if this is something that will help us find a solution to the issue.

Thanks!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:54 PM As before do not waste screen space with full quotes (and make threads even longer)
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:07 PM
  • tp_deleted will be changed to 0 when the user account is deleted from AD and
    tp_IsActive changes to 0 so the user account will not resolve from people picker after deleting the account from AD.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc717309(PROT.10).aspx

tp_deleted gets changed from 1 or 0 to tp_ID when the user is deleted from SharePoint so if tp_deleted is still 0 then SharePoint, perhaps erroneously, believes the user has not been deleted somewhere within the environment, perhaps on another web or root level site somewhere.

I know you said the user was removed from the environment but using something like the following code to ensure the user is not permissioned somewhere will help make sure.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/55298fd8-4e91-46f8-ad34-cd4eeb66f2a7

By chance was this user the root site collection owner?

Fred Ellis - MSFT - "Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread."
    • Proposed as answer by anonymous 1 Monday, March 21, 2011 7:06 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by anonymous 1 Monday, March 21, 2011 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:25 AM
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:39 PM