none
Custom fields in PWA 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

when I am adding custom field to a pivot table in report in pwa it shows all data in the lookup table not the data related to that field value.

For example: Employee Location and department its not showing what department or location employee belong to.

It shows all locations and Department next to employee name.

Any suggestions why? 

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:31 PM

All replies

• Can you post the screenshot on what you are seeing, also is this department field multi select or single select ?

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:41 PM
  • Also can you specify if it is an Excel report based on the OLAP DB or on the reporting DB?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:54 PM
  • Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:31 PM
  • Excel report how can Resource belongs to all department listed in Look up Table.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:32 PM
  • Which view are you using and what are you trying to report on, i see project resource and actual work probably on the same report, is there a data model defined for this or are you performing any joins, what is the data source for this ?

Thanks | epmXperts | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:40 PM
  • Hi Project Help,

Is this report based on OLAP cubes or Reporting DB?

In case it is based on OLAP cubes, please refer to the following article about custom fields versus OLAP cubes to see if  you're compliant with the rules:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee767696(v=office.14).aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:40 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

The customs fields which I see in the location below are no available in Database Configuration.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:09 PM
  • I am having same problem its showing all departments a resource can belong to and All employee Id's in database
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:31 PM