reset local admin password Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to reset the local administrator's password on Windows Server 2016. I'm using Proxmox 4.3 (which uses in turn qemu/kvm). Incidentally, the hdd is IDE, but normally I'd use Virtio SCSI, for which Windows has no drivers - which proxmox doar offer, but if I use a rescue disc, I think things become more difficult. Anyway, that's a different subject and I might create a new thread for that.

I tried the well-known trick of replacing the Ease of Access with command line (I know, it's not really politically correct), but when I run the command line by clicking the Ease of Access icon, I get the following error:

"The system cannot find message text fo message number 0x2350 in the message file for Application"

I've already searched online and I know it's related exactly to the fact that cmd is not where it should be. I do run net user administrator password and I do activate the user (and check with 'net user'), but I still cannot log into the local admin.

So how do I go about resetting the local admin password in Windows Server 2016? (I've got no reset usb stick or whatever device I'd need)

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:07 AM

All replies