none
Sending Email

Question

• I have an o365 resource mailbox that the owners are moving to AWS. to test it I changed the SMTP address on RM so that external mail would go to the new AWS mailbox. And we changed DNS. The external senders were able to send to the new AWS mailbox. No problem. However, when an internal person tried to send to the AWS mailbox, it wouldn't go out of our system. The message was still trying to get to the internal resource mailbox. any thoughts?
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:32 PM

All replies

• If the internal resource mailbox has the e-mail address you're sending to, the mail goes there.  What do you mean by "I changed the SMTP address on RM so that external mail would go to the new AWS mailbox"?  Please tell us exactly and completely what you did, not what you meant to do, and tell us the e-mail addresses you're talking about.

If your AWS mailbox has the same e-mail domain, then in Exchange your accepted domain can't be can't "Authoritative" or else Exchange expects to be responsible for all mail for that domain.  You'll want to change it to "InternalRelay".

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:57 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, do you receive any NDR messages? We can also check the SMTP log to see if any errors in the log and post out in detail.

It seems the message should be relayed from your system to AWS

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

We are currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. Please check if the reply helps you, if it helps please help to mark as answer.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:34 AM