none
Exchange 2013 Hybrid - online archive slow to build and stalled

Question

• I've got an Exchange 2013 hybrid environment where I'm trialling an x month retention policy where everything over x months old gets sent up to an online archive mailbox. I have 3 policies- all identical set to 3,6 and 12 months. The 6 month policy is working as expected. The 12 month was working but seemed to stop and has not picked up all the mail it should

The user in question is my test case. He's got a 17 GB mailbox and I've also placed him on an inplace hold policy. Its taken 5 days to move 2.5GB and now it seems to have halted. I've done an emae test and we are more than good in every area

I'm not sure where to look next?

Monday, March 6, 2017 1:12 AM

Answers

• Okay, be patient.  It's obviously going to take a while.

You're welcome.  Happy to have helped.  Please feel free to mark responses as the answer and/or vote them helpful as appropriate.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Marked as answer by tonyholdgate Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:21 PM

All replies

• Have you tried Start-ManagedFolderAssistant against the mailbox again?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:41 AM
  • Hi Ed!,

Yes thankyou just tried that and it is moving again- albeit very slowly. I'm getting about 600MB a day! and thats on an 80MB pipe that migrations move quickly on

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Okay, be patient.  It's obviously going to take a while.

You're welcome.  Happy to have helped.  Please feel free to mark responses as the answer and/or vote them helpful as appropriate.

• Marked as answer by tonyholdgate Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:21 PM
  • Well, glad it start work after run "Start-ManagedFolderAssistant" to initialize and start messaging records management (MRM) processing of mailboxes. It works on a work cycle, by default 1 day.
    More details about it, refer to: Understanding of Managed Folder Assistant with retention policies.

The time to implement MFA is more base on mailbox size,  network, file hierarchy(subfolder).
    Anyway, it remain start to work, then you can wait and check the results.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:55 AM