none
Having set up a Delimited File Management Agent, is it possible to change the delimiter and/or filename to read? RRS feed

• Question

• We are surprised by the fact that it seems difficult to re-configure a Delimited File MA once it has been set up. We created the MA no problem, at create time we are asked for a template file and file name and so on and its good.

Our delimited flat file supplier will be changing delimiter in near future and we need to get FIM to react to this new file structure.

Where in the Properties dialogs do I fiddle this?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:13 PM

Answers

• Your best bet is to create a new MA when altering the delimiter or file format, changing the anchor attribute, etc.  I don't believe there is any supported way to change the delimited file format other than during the creation of a brand new MA (e.g., you cannot pick a different delimiter even during MA configuration export/import steps).

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:14 PM

All replies

• Your best bet is to create a new MA when altering the delimiter or file format, changing the anchor attribute, etc.  I don't believe there is any supported way to change the delimited file format other than during the creation of a brand new MA (e.g., you cannot pick a different delimiter even during MA configuration export/import steps).

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:14 PM
  • I know this is an old thread but wanted to update with the correct answer: if you right click the MA and click refresh schema you can specify a new template file with the new delimiter.  Once you load the new template file you can then choose the new delimiter and see the refreshed MA flat file schema. Go through the steps and save it.  If any of your header names or attribute types changed IE string Boolean etc. you may need to update your attribute flow.  Otherwise if it was just a delimiter change you should be good to go.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:03 PM