Office 365 build 1708 and 1711 cannot view shared calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Dear everybody

Currently, we have trouble relate office version ( office 365 build 1708 and 1711)

firstly, we installed office 365 build 1705 and all users can send / invite / view other's calendar as normal.

but during use, if user click Update now then office will update to build 1708 or later

Users cannot view other's calendar, invite or view free/busy meeting room.

when user click other's calendar, it show "No connection"

When user choose meeting room and invite attendee, it show "Suggestions cannot be provided because free/busy data could not be retrieved"

How to fix this trouble?

Thank you so much!

Friday, January 19, 2018 4:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Le Thi My Binh,

By "version 1708. build 841.2153", do you mean Version 1708 (Build 8431.2153)?

I did further research and found the following official article which might be related to the issue:

Search, MailTips, and Free/Busy do not work for some Office 365 users

Please check if it can be helpful and feel free to let us know with any updates.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:16 AM
  • Dear Yuki

Thank you for your information.

>>By "version 1708. build 841.2153", do you mean Version 1708 (Build 8431.2153)?

Yes.

Currently, we already change mailbox setting and solved this trouble.

same reason like as your link : "Search, MailTips, and Free/Busy do not work for some Office 365 users"

Thank you so much!

Hi Le Thi My Binh,

So glad that the issue has been resolved! 

By the way, could you please help mark the helpful reply as answer to close the thread so that others who might encounter a similar situation can more easily find the solution? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Le Thi My Binh Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Le Thi My Binh,

Our forum focus on the Microsoft Teams, based on your description, the problem is related to the Outlook, so I moved this thread to appropriate forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Monday, January 22, 2018 1:57 AM
  • Hi Le Thi My Binh,

Do you mean users cannot view a calendar shared by others or see the Free/Busy information when scheduling a meeting after upgrading to 1708?

I checked in my Outlook 2016 (Office Version 1708, Build 8431.2153) but cannot reproduce the issue. I did much research about this problem, but didn't find other recent reports about this issue either. 

Does this issue occur regardless of who the calendar belongs to?

Please have a check in OWA and see if the issue persists. It is also suggested to collect the Exchange sever version of your environment then we can do further research on this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun 

Monday, January 22, 2018 6:22 AM
  • Dear Yuki

thank you for your reply.

>> Do you mean users cannot view a calendar shared by others or see the Free/Busy information when scheduling a meeting after upgrading to 1708?

Yes.

>>Does this issue occur regardless of who the calendar belongs to?

Yes

>>Please have a check in OWA and see if the issue persists. It is also suggested to collect the Exchange sever version of your environment then we can do further research on this.

if user check calendar in OWA, user still can see

I attach some pics1. Office version

2. cannot view free/busy when create an appointment

3. cannot view other's calendar. it's show "No connection"

4. cannot search. it's show " we're having trouble fetching result from the server."

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:57 AM
  • Dear Yuki

thank you for your reply.

>> Do you mean users cannot view a calendar shared by others or see the Free/Busy information when scheduling a meeting after upgrading to 1708?

Yes.

>>Does this issue occur regardless of who the calendar belongs to?

Yes

>>Please have a check in OWA and see if the issue persists. It is also suggested to collect the Exchange sever version of your environment then we can do further research on this.

if user check calendar in OWA, user still can see calendar

I cannot attach when reply so I detail trouble
    1. Office version 1708. build 841.2153

2. cannot view free/busy when create an appointment. "suggestions cannot be provided because free/busy data could not be retrieved"

3. cannot view other's calendar. it's show "No connection"

4. cannot search. it's show " we're having trouble fetching result from the server."

Thank you!
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 2:04 AM
  • Hi Le Thi My Binh,

By "version 1708. build 841.2153", do you mean Version 1708 (Build 8431.2153)?

I did further research and found the following official article which might be related to the issue:

Search, MailTips, and Free/Busy do not work for some Office 365 users

Please check if it can be helpful and feel free to let us know with any updates.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:16 AM
  • Dear Yuki

>>By "version 1708. build 841.2153", do you mean Version 1708 (Build 8431.2153)?

Yes.

same reason like as your link : "Search, MailTips, and Free/Busy do not work for some Office 365 users"

Thank you so much!

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:00 AM
  • Dear Yuki

Yes.

Thank you so much!

Hi Le Thi My Binh,

So glad that the issue has been resolved! 

By the way, could you please help mark the helpful reply as answer to close the thread so that others who might encounter a similar situation can more easily find the solution? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

• Marked as answer by Le Thi My Binh Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:08 AM
  • Dear Yuki

once again, thank you so much for your support!

Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:45 AM
  • Dear Yuki

once again, thank you so much for your support!

No problem :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:47 AM