Outlook 365 ProPlus: What does "Searching for Accounts..." actually do? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there!

I've reinstalled Office 365 ProPlus to use a different account (different email/license, same institution).

Afterwards, Outlook always recommends me to add the old email as an email address when pressing "add account". I really want to get rid of the old email address in my applications.

Therefore, I'd like to ask: What does "Searching for accounts..." actually do? How can I get rid of the old email popping of there?

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek5su64gx5ljqqv/searching.PNG?dl=0

Best,
    Felix
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems to searching for history of accounts that were added before.

Currently, there is no option in Outlook to disable this function. You could directly add other new accounts. It doesn't affect the using of existing profile.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, August 20, 2018 9:50 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:24 AM
  • Just check if the reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 17, 2018 6:56 AM
  • Just check whether the information above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:37 AM