Right clicking on desktop opens the properties windows towards the top left? how to change? RRS feed

• Question

• I have never seen this before so it is quite hard to explain but easy to see if I could post a picture.  Normal message/properties boxes that open when right clicking the desktop will stem from the tip of the mouse towards the right/downward, UNLESS, you are on the right side of the screen and there is no room for the box to open that direction and then it would stem down/left.

This new Vista Business machine i received from Lenovo has the box opening up from the tip of the mouse and going top/left.  So I start off at the bottom of the message box and have to glide upwards to go to items like sort/refresh, etc.

Does anyone know where this setting is so I can change it back to default?

Thanks
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:03 PM

All replies

• Bumping this message - Any genius' out there?
    Friday, October 26, 2007 3:50 PM
  • Found the answer.  For those interested, it is just a Tablet option with Windows Vista Business and Ultimate that allows you to have menu's span to the left of the mouse rather than the normal right direction.  Their reasoning for this is that when you use the stylus pen to navigate through menu's, and you are right handed, then the menu's appear under your hand unless its elevated above the screen.  For a convenience factor they made this option to change all menu's to span to the left of the mouse... rather annoying if you ask me.

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20070225/vista-tip-open-menu-location/

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:36 PM