Access sharepoint link with apple users RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SP 2007 and Access 2007. I am running Access on a windows machine.  I have an Access db that I want to work on with someone else who is on an Apple machine, obviously with no activeX.

My question is really two parts: 1 what is the best way to be able to collaborate on adding records to the db when only one user has Access. And 2: Will it work when one of us does not have Access or activeX?

I have tried to be clear on the difference between linking and exporting a db to SP.  As I understand, linking would sychronize any changes between the db tables on my computer and any changes in the SP lists based on the tables on the site.

Would he be able to edit Access web datasheets in the SP standard view and  they would still update in the db on my computer?

If so, I am also unclear on whether you link from Access to SP or from SP lists to Access (currently I have the db on my computer and an exported set of tables which created lists on SP.) Any help or references would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:32 PM