add new SFT file to lightweight and full infrastructure appv server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have simply copied a new sft file into the contens directory of a lightweight server, after some time the server notice about the new 'application' and clients are able to stream this application.

On a full infrastructure server this behavior seems to be different, simply copy a file to the contens folder does not work. Does anybody know if there is a way to add a new sft file to a full infrastructure server without adding the sft file via the mmc console?

thanks in advance,
    Achim

RECAC01
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    No, that is not possible with the Mgmt Server. BTW, I prefer it this way as I can stage the package to locations ahead of time before I release it to users. You lose that control with LWS.
    • Marked as answer by AchimR Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    No, that is not possible with the Mgmt Server. BTW, I prefer it this way as I can stage the package to locations ahead of time before I release it to users. You lose that control with LWS.
    • Marked as answer by AchimR Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:00 PM
  • Hi AchimR, i'm testing APP-V and i've copied.pasted some of my old packages ( 4.2 ) in the content directory of the managment server, then re-imported in it and everything seems to work fine ! I think you have to import the applications if you want to make it work through a mgmt server.
    Hoping it helps you.

/ Christophe
    Christophe ROUET
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:49 AM