Management Packs Up-to-Date RRS feed

Answers

• Kevin Holman and several other experienced people who support, deploy, and consult for SCOM do not recommend importing from the catalog.  Just saying.

I think the best way would maybe subscribe via RSS to the SCOM Team blog, as they post hotfixes and updates to mps as they are available and usually with some good guidance.

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Monday, June 4, 2012 8:01 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

@Blake Mengotto: I agree, I only use the "Updates available for installed management packs" to get an idea of which MP to update.

@Dom: If you import from the Console, you don't get the readme file before import, quite often the readme file is very helpful.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, No - there is no way to get a list automatically.

In the Console you can search for "Updates available for installed management packs", "All management packs released within last 3/6 months" - but that for Microsoft MP's only.

If you have MP from other vendors you must check one by one.

Pinpoint might help you: http://systemcenter.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/applications/search/operations-manager-d11?q=

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Monday, June 4, 2012 6:19 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Felyjos Monday, June 4, 2012 6:19 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 6:13 PM
  • Hello,

How do you do ""Updates available for installed management packs"? is it a query or an existing report?

I am using Pinpoint but I remember at the beginning of SCOM 2007 there was an XML comparison available to get the discrepancies but I forget where it was... Let me check Kevin Homan as it has excellent details on his blog...

thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Monday, June 4, 2012 6:22 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

Choose Administration, right click Management Packs, import management packs, add from catalog, drop down in view........

Monday, June 4, 2012 6:40 PM
  • Kevin Holman and several other experienced people who support, deploy, and consult for SCOM do not recommend importing from the catalog.  Just saying.

I think the best way would maybe subscribe via RSS to the SCOM Team blog, as they post hotfixes and updates to mps as they are available and usually with some good guidance.

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

@Blake Mengotto: I agree, I only use the "Updates available for installed management packs" to get an idea of which MP to update.

@Dom: If you import from the Console, you don't get the readme file before import, quite often the readme file is very helpful.

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:33 PM
  • @Dktoa: Yes I did the ssame as you I was checking only what was available and then download to the disk and import from disk.

@Blake: yes effectively if the download is done from the console some .doc files are missing...

I got some tasks to do as Active Directory, SQL and SCCM need updates, Cross-Platform needs a new MP!!!

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:01 PM
  • http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=20463

is showing 6.0.6000.2 but it is the 6.0.6000.3 !!! strange

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:21 PM