windows 7 ent RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently been getting messages from windows telling me my version of windows 7 is not genuine. It is Windows 7 Enterprise that I got from my college. It came with a product key but i was never asked by windows to type it in. Any ideas on how to fix this or where I can go to type in my product key? Thanks!
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!

It is suggested to find the telephone number for your Microsoft Activation Center to activate your system by phone.

Regards, 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Hello Joe,

Open an elevated CMD prompt and run

Slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

to install the product key

Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:38 PM

All replies

• you need to obtain volume license to install it into more than one pc.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:05 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post!

It is suggested to find the telephone number for your Microsoft Activation Center to activate your system by phone.

Regards, 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Hello Joe,

Open an elevated CMD prompt and run

Slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

to install the product key

Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:38 PM