A device attached to the system is not functioning RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We use AppV 5.0 bèta in our test environment to deploy some applications. We use a virtual disk to store the userdata in.

We have a strange problem: often when logging on and trying to start a virtualized application, we get an error saying that a device attached to the system is not functioning. Logging off and on again solves this problem.

I have checked the eventlog, but I can't find an error message about this issue.

I have a screenshot attached (it's in dutch).

What could be the cause of this problem (I don't think it's really appv related, but I don't know where to start searching. Everything works ok, and the virtual disk is accessible and the user profile loads correctly).

Thanks for any advice!

Regards

Geoffrey

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I suggest you post this feedback on Connect

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:11 AM
  • Where are you streaming the source package from? I have seen this when streaming from a mapped drive letter. Using a UNC path instead solved the issue.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:05 AM