none
Password Incorrect after Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I just upgraded a HP Pavilion PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro and it upgraded ok and allowed me to login then when I went to settings and joined our domain cca with the administrator account it did a restart and now on the login screen it wont allow me to log in with the cca\administrator account even though I joined the domain with the same user id and password before the restart. They Keyboard is US English, its connected still to the domain just incorrect password no matter what I do.
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:05 AM

Answers

• Hi my local account was a Microsoft live account and that also doesn't work now :(

Hi,

What's message prompting when you attempt to login with Microsoft account?

If it said incorrect password, just go to Windows live website to reset the password.

Did you have another administrator account?

If yes, try another administrator account to login to confirm if it indeed join the domain successfully.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:20 AM

All replies

• You can probably try to login using local account and then check if its properly joined to domain / connectivity etc ? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:42 AM
  • Hi my local account was a Microsoft live account and that also doesn't work now :(

Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:28 AM

Hi,

What's message prompting when you attempt to login with Microsoft account?

If it said incorrect password, just go to Windows live website to reset the password.

Did you have another administrator account?

If yes, try another administrator account to login to confirm if it indeed join the domain successfully.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:20 AM