How to find or replace server password. RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to use outlook for over a year.  When I try to get my mail, a dialog box comes up.  The server box has pop.gmail.com in it.  My gmail email address under user name.  And then the password with 10 *'s in it.  I put in every password I think I have ever used and none have worked.  How to I get the password or change it?  
    Thursday, December 27, 2018 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi vchill,

Please first try login to the web mail with the password to confirm you are using the right password for your Gmail account. 

Not sure the version of your Outlook, but if Outlook still won't accept your password, you may need to use Two-Factor Authentication and use an App Password instead to re-configure your Gmail account to Outlook. For the detailed steps about how to turn on two-factor authentication and get an app password, please see the last section of the link below:

Outlook won't accept my password

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 28, 2018 2:49 AM
  • Hi vchill,

How's everything going on with the issue? Any update will be appreciated :)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 7, 2019 1:54 PM