RGS: Difference in waiting queue treatment? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody know if there is a difference in the waiting queue for an RGS group if you configure them as:

• parallel
    • serial
    • round robin
    • longest idle

Our users have been complaining about the RGS queue which is configured as parallel that the waiting queue is treated not fairly.

This means that older waiting calls are swapped with newer calls that are waiting in the queue.

Is this a known behaviour with the parallel option configured? If so will we get a more fair queue if we change it to serial/round robin/longest idle?

Monday, December 27, 2010 12:18 PM

Answers

• I have tested this further and it looks like the above scenario is only valid when a RGS call is routed to an available agent which does not answer the call.

When the agent is busy for example then it looks like the queue is treated correctly/fairly;

old callers are offered to the available agents first and then other callers.

Monday, January 17, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• After some testing I have seen that in the following scenario callers waiting in the queue are not treated fairly (so newer callers are being offered to an agent earlier than older callers):

• 2 calls are being offered to the group (let's say caller1 and caller2)
    • Caller1 has called the group first and Caller2 is the second caller to the group.
    • Caller1 is offered to an agent (only 1 agent was logged in into the group during testing) but agent does not pick up the phone
    • Caller2 is still hearing the Music-on-Hold tone
    • After the agent alert time is expired (20 seconds in our setup) Caller2 is being presented to the agent.

This behaviour is tested with all 4 routing scenarios and with all scenarios I see the same behaviour happening.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:31 PM
  • I have tested this further and it looks like the above scenario is only valid when a RGS call is routed to an available agent which does not answer the call.

When the agent is busy for example then it looks like the queue is treated correctly/fairly;

old callers are offered to the available agents first and then other callers.

Monday, January 17, 2011 3:45 PM